Saturday, October 6, 2012

French I Vokis

Vokis are a quick and easy way to make listening activities for students, or for students to use for speaking activities! They are much more engaging than the textbook listening activities. You can use them in class for quick listening comprehension activities, or post them on your website for students to use for homework assignments. That way they can listen as many times as they need to.

They are also great for students that are sometimes too shy to speak up in the classroom. With a Voki, they can record their voice at home when no one else is listening, and re-record as many times as they need to.

Sometimes you don't always have time to speak with each student individually during class at the end of every unit in order to assess speaking.  Vokis can be used as one type of speaking assessment as well.

Here are a few Vokis that I made for my French I students to review and reinforce concepts. In addition to the Voki, I post one or two comprehension questions, and ask students to text me, or email me their short answer.

WEATHER AND CLOTHING VOKI

PLACES AND A+ DEFINITE ARTICLES VOKI

CITY VOKI 

ADJECTIVES AND ADJECTIVE AGREEMENT VOKI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...