Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Favorite "Go-To" Books

My Favorite "Go-To" Books... 

For Foreign Language, one of my favorite books is the Teacher's Handbook: Contextualized Language Instruction. We used it in my method's class in undergrad at U of M, and also in one of my grad classes at NC State. I used this book often during my first few years of teaching French and Spanish so I would definitely recommend it to new teachers, as well as teachers that are trying to increase their use of the National Standards, or the "5 C's" (Communication, Cultures,Connections, Comparisons, and Communities) in context.   


Now that I'm an Instructional Coach, my "Go-To" book is How to Coach Teachers Who Don't Think Like You, by Bonnie Davis. It is a must-have for coaches! It has so many great tips. I would also recommend it to people in leadership positions in education.  I believe that administrators, Department Heads, PLC Leaders, and leaders of a school team, such as an equity team, could benefit from reading this book.


What is Your Favorite "Go-To" Resource Book?

Join the Linky Party on Teaching in Room 6 and tell about it!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up! Those are some good choices :) When you say, U of M, do you mean University of Miami or something else? (my husband went to Miami :) )

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! I meant the University of Michigan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...